Friday, May 11, 2012

Stupid-ass Questions with Easy Answers

So on one of the message boards I frequent, this gem popped up.  Knowing this poor, poor woman was crying out to the group for a little help,  I decided it was up to me (especially after I read the comments).  I'm not much of an advice columnist, but we'll see.  If this works, maybe I can branch out.

I've noticed lately, pretty much since I've been on my weightloss kick, that when I see tremendously overweight people out in public, eating gross things ect. I get very judgemental. I really don't want to be this way, and I feel bad for thinking the way I do, but I can't help but think "It's not hard to lose weight, and you shouldn't be eating that"

Is it wrong for me to feel this way?

            

Dear IIW:

Yes.

With love,

Erin


2 comments:

  1. You feel that it's easy to lose weight? Not that it's any of my business, but how old are you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I feel exactly the opposite. I was responding to a question someone posted on the message board: "Is it wrong for me to feel this way?"

    And my answer was easy: Yes, it is wrong. I wasn't agreeing with her; I was pointing out what a stupid-ass question that was (see: title of this post).

    I actually posted a much longer response on the message board, and reposted it on this blog here.

    ReplyDelete